|Job Title||Per Diem EMS Instructor|
|Shifts hiring||Per Diem|
Per Diem EMS Instructor
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
The Clinical Educator is to assist with the instruction of EMS licensure courses as requested by the Cataldo Education Center. The EMS Instructor assists with ensuring proper education for the program. This position reports to the Dean of the CEC, with accountabilities to the EMT Program Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with instruction for the didactic, psychomotor and affective domains relating to the CEC's educational offerings.
- Assists with didactic, psychomotor, and affective evaluations and grading to ensure students' proficiency in each module.
- Prepares and delivers instruction under the instructor's direction, on or off-site, as needed.
- Supervises activities of course participants during instructional time.
- Evaluates learner performance and provides feedback.
- Reviews training materials to ensure accurate and up-to-date information.
- Runs scenarios in the Sim Lab, classroom, or off-site.
- Runs the video equipment in the Sim Lab.
- Tutors students as required.
- Participates in professional development programs as appropriate.
- Participates in faculty meetings.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and relevant quality and safety standards of the CEC.
- Additional Miscellaneous job duties as assigned
High School Graduate, MA Licensed EMT, Must be licensed or licensable and in good standing at the EMS course level being taught. EMT Instructor Coordinator License preferred, but not required.
License, Registration, Certification requirements:
Must have a valid drivers license and be State and Nationally certified as and EMT, or higher
Experience and Skills:
Experience as a preceptor, FTO, or other educational experience. Approval will be on a case-by-case basis following a review of all submitted documents
Experience with education standards in other associated fields, member of education or related standards committee, approved Instructor for ACLS, PALS, PEPP, CPR, PHTLS, AMLS, GEMS, EPC is preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform this job's essential functions successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job's duties, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear; stand; walk; use fingers, hands, and arms to reach, handle or operate essential office equipment, objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. This job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.