|Job Title||Emergency Communications Specialist|
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
**Fully paid training class being held onsite in early February**
- Starting wages up to $20/hr, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full time employees.
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) Training Available
- Opportunity to train up to become a Dispatcher
- Opportunity to cross-train and become certified as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B)
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- Positions available in our Malden and Peabody Communications Centers
The Emergency Communications Specialist is responsible for the effective communications and call entry for all calls coming into the Communications Center from persons requesting emergent or non-emergent medical service.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with a strong customer service background who are looking for a fulfilling career. Emergency Communications Specialists are a lifeline to the person on the other end of the phone and have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those who are calling for help.
- Answer all incoming telephone calls in a courteous, professional manner
- Keep a manual log of each call to ensure proper documentation and backup
- Enter all calls into the computer system in a timely and accurate fashion
- Execute call card system
- Review all patient care reports paperwork from each shift
- Utilize the EMD System on all calls as needed
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Must maintain a reliable attendance record
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 1 – 2 years of customer service experience strongly preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Able to handle stressful situations
- Expert organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to pass a background check, including CORI
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.