|Job Title||Clinical Educator (Full Time)|
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
The Clinical Educator is responsible for the scheduling, coordination, and training of staff as well as contracted facility staff, municipal police and fire agencies.
- Develop a comprehensive training curriculum which will comply with the general needs and requests of contracted facilities, municipalities and community organizations
- Develop and execute an annual questionnaire for the purpose of quality assurance and determine the training need of such programs
- Conduct and/or delegate training courses (i.e. CPR, First Aid, Refresher Training Programs, etc.) at all affiliated organizations to improve patient care and promote a positive and professional working relationship with Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc.
- Distribute course confirmation notices in a timely manner prior to the course date
- Distribute course evaluation following the completion of course
- Ensure the qualifications of the instructors are valid
- Assist Director of Education as needed with training and educational programs
- Responsible for the allocation and maintenance of all training equipment used in performing community training programs.
- Complete other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience
- 1-year minimum of experience in EMS education
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of a wide range of EMS educational subject matter
- Candidates that hold instructor credentials are preferred
- ACLS / PALS / PEARS / PEPP / GEMS / BCLS / PHTLS / AMLS / EMT I/C
- Experience with a Medical Simulation Laboratory a plus
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.