|Job Title||Rapid Response EMT Training Program|
Now recruiting for 2021! Apply early - space is limited!
Looking for your next step? Have you ever considered EMS as a career? Now is the time!
Cataldo Ambulance is proud to introduce an accelerated and immersive EMT program through the Rapid Response EMT Program offered through Cataldo’s Accredited Training Institute.
For 4 - 6 weeks, attend EMT class full time, GET PAID for your classroom hours, and have a full-time job* with competitive pay and benefits upon receiving your certification.
- Attend 4 - 6 weeks of EMT classes, Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 4:30. The program will be held through a combination of virtual learning as well as hands-on training in our Malden Training Center.
- This program is a $1,300 value, yours FREE, PLUS a paycheck for your classroom time!
- Complete the practical and written exams, and receive your MA EMT Certification
- Upon completion, you will work for at least two years as an EMT with Cataldo Ambulance on a full-time basis. From there, the sky is the limit! Learn about our Paramedic School Scholarship Program, get cross-trained in our Emergency Communications Centers, or take your patient contact experience and apply for other positions in the medical field.
EMT Course Details
Students will enroll in an accelerated EMT program designed to cover all aspects of EMT training, while preparing the student successfully pass the required Massachusetts and National Certification exams.
The course will prepare students for entrance level work on an ambulance, adhering to MA EMT curriculum requirements and will cover topics such as EMS operations, anatomy and physiology, disease process and more. Students will participate in hands-on practical labs where skills such as CPR, oxygen administration, wound care, and patient assessment will be taught.
This is a fast-paced course that will require students to learn in a hybrid environment; some classwork will be done in-person, some will be done through an online platform, and some will be self-guided study through textbooks and other required reading assignments. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who enjoys learning to begin a new career!
After submitting an application and being accepted into the program, candidates will be considered FT employees of Cataldo Ambulance Service and paid during in-person class time. The cost of the program (approx. $1300) will be covered by Cataldo. The cost of MA Certification ($125) will also be covered. NREMT Practical testing fees are included in price of this course. NREMT written examination fees ($80.00) are not included but will be reimbursed after successful certification.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable Motor Vehicle report
- Passion for helping people and commitment to customer service
- Interest in EMS and/or the Medical field
EMT Physical Requirements
- Must be able to life and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance and without difficulty
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs without difficulty and the ability to lift and carry 125 pounds up and down two flights of stairs with assistance and without difficulty
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job-related duties
- Must be able to bend, stoop and crawl as duties require
- Occasionally must be able to work in low light and confined spaces
* Employment is contingent on passing all required exams and maintaining good standing within the organization. Program participants will sign a promissory note at the time of hire outlining penalties for failure to meet program and employment obligations. Participation in this program does not, in any way, alter the employment-at-will arrangement.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.