|Job Title||Community Paramedic - Delivering the Future of Healthcare!|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
About SmartCare Community Paramedics
Community Paramedics are delivering the future of healthcare by providing the right care, at the right time, in the right place. Offering an option for on-demand, in-home physician supported care, our Community Paramedics are improving patient outcomes, increasing patient satisfaction, and reducing the number of hospital admissions and re-admissions. For more information, please visit cataldoambulance.com/smartcare-solutions.
General Scope and Position Overview
Calling all experienced, motivated paramedics who are looking for a change of pace! Through our innovative SmartCare Division, Cataldo Ambulance is seeking Community Paramedics to provide the highest levels of clinical assessment, treatments, and support of assigned patients within a home setting. Be part of a clinical team who is dedicated to patient outcomes and exceptional clinical care; get to know your patients and be a crucial piece of their care team!
Community Paramedic Position Highlights
- Opportunity to be on the forefront of the next big movement in health care!
- Starting wages up to $35/hr, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full time employees.
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- Positions available in Greater Boston, the North Shore, and Central Massachusetts
- Provide quality patient care in accordance with clinical operating policies, statewide protocols, and accepted standards of care
- Attend to all patients in a courteous, professional manner
- Monitor remote patient tracking and respond as appropriate
- Participate in discharge planning of SmartCare patients
- Complete initial in-home assessments and on-going home visits as appropriate for all patients enrolled in the program
- Communicate effectively with EMS agencies, physicians, and other health care providers
- Fully state certified as an EMT-P
- Certifications in Advanced and Basic Cardiac Life Support
- Possess a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- 3 years minimum of experience as a Paramedic
- The Community Paramedic must be in good Clinical standing
- Must possess strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently; also must be able to function as part of a care planning team
- Advanced Medical Life Support (AMLS) and either Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Pediatric Care (EPC) are preferred
- Must be able to life and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance and without difficulty
- Must be able to walk up and down stairs without difficulty and the ability to lift and carry 125 pounds up and down two flights of stairs with assistance and without difficulty
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job-related duties
- Must be able to bend, stoop and crawl as duties require
- Occasionally must be able to work in low light and confined spaces
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.