|Job Title||Junior Cyber Security Specialist|
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
The Junior Cyber Security Specialist will be responsible for monitoring and protecting mission critical networks and systems.
- Manage endpoint security, anti-virus, firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and related security operations
- Performs penetration testing and vulnerability scanning and coordinates remediation
- Participate in development and review of System Security Documentation, including System Security Plans (SSP), Cyber Security policies, Personnel Security, Disaster Recovery, Incident Responses, and Continuity of Operations (COOP) / Disaster Recovery (DR) planning
- Ensure infrastructure and security practices consistently adhere to stringent compliance requirements and governance processes
- Under immediate supervision, operate all aspects of information systems, data availability, integrity, authentication, confidentiality, and non-repudiation
- Support senior team members in developing, maintaining, and improving secure systems
- Properly identify, remediate, communicate, or escalate security risks
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in STEM-related field + 2-4 years of technical experience required
- 6 years’ experience equivalent to any combination of education/experience
- CISA, MCSP, NSE or CISSP certification preferred
- Strong familiarity with operating system diagnostics, network design and troubleshooting
- Familiar with PCI-DSS, HIPAA and NIST risk management framework
- Understanding of security related protocols and their usage (e.g., TLS, SSH, IPsec, etc.)
- Strong analytical, communication and troubleshooting skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration in a team setting, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and executive leadership
- Ability to multi-task, self-assign work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Valid US Driver’s license with the ability to travel to multiple locations within Massachusetts
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.