|Job Title||Chair Car Driver - Statewide|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
- Starting wages up to $16/hr, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and 401(k) available for full time employees.
- Opportunity to work towards gaining EMT Certification while earning a paycheck!
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- Positions available in the following communities: Beverly, Chelsea, Danvers, Lynn, Needham, Newburyport, Peabody, Saugus, and Somerville
The Chair Car Operator is directly responsible for the safe and efficient transport of all disabled, handicapped, or elderly persons assigned to their care both to and from their destination. This is a great opportunity for the candidate who is interested in gaining experience in the health care field, a civic-minded resident who is eager to make a difference in their community, or anyone with a passion for assisting the elderly and disabled.
- Respond promptly to all assigned calls
- Attend to patient in a courteous manner
- Move patient via wheelchair in a safe, professional manner
- Perform daily routine checks of the vehicle and record results on required checklist
- Inspect and clean vehicle daily
- Complete and submit all paperwork requirements daily
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner adhering to company driving policies
- Operate the lift mechanism of the vehicle
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record
- Must be CPR certified (we will provide certification if necessary)
- Must be able to pass a background check, including CORI
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and lift test
- Previous driving experience in a commercial setting a plus
- Commitment to providing exemplary customer service
- Must be able to lift and maneuver 125 pounds with assistance and without difficulty
- Must be able to maneuver a patient-loaded wheelchair up and down three stairs without difficulty
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to walk without difficulty and without affecting the immediate performance of job related duties
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.