|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
I. Job Summary
The EMT-Paramedic is responsible for the safe and efficient response, treatment, and transport of all persons requesting or requiring emergent or non-emergent medical services.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide quality patient care in accordance with clinical operating policies, statewide protocols, and accepted standards of care
- Attend to all patients in a courteous, professional manner
- Must be able to lift and carry 125 pounds per OEMS regulations
- Operate the ambulance in accordance with safety rules and regulations; company policies and procedures; federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and statutes
- Complete a vehicle and equipment checklist at the beginning of each assigned shift. Inspect and clean the assigned vehicle and all equipment. Ensure compliance with minimum stock requirements, proper function and cleanliness of all equipment
- Complete and submit all documentation/paperwork requirements daily
- Provide appropriate documentation of patient intervention in the pre-hospital setting
- Communicate effectively with EMS agencies, physicians, and other health care providers
- Participate in monthly Mortality & Morbidity rounds in compliance with regional requirements
- Attend all mandated company training functions or submit proof of completing equivalent training to the Director of Education in a timely fashion
- Must be able to maintain a reliable attendance record
- Be knowledgeable of and comply with all company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Maintain all required certifications as an active EMS provider and supply the Human Resources Department with valid copies of all certifications and driver’s license prior to their expiration dates
- Perform daily housekeeping duties at all assigned bases of operation
- Complete other duties as assigned by management
III. Job Impact
The EMT-Paramedic is a member of the Operations Division and is responsible for the effective treatment and safe transport of each patient. The Paramedic must maintain a constant state of readiness to respond to any and all calls as directed by the Dispatcher.
IV. Job Authority
The Paramedic exercises full authority over all the duties and responsibilities in this job description. The Paramedic cannot issue written warnings or discipline coworkers.
The Paramedic must be fully state certified as an EMT-P and also have certification in Advanced and Basic Cardiac Life Support, and posses a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record. The Paramedic must maintain Region III and Region IV credentials. The Paramedic must receive ALS Preceptor clearance prior to being removed from “probationary” status.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.