|Job Title||Payment Posting Representative|
|Additional Information||Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M|
I. Job Summary
Under general direction the Payment Posting Representative performs a variety of posting functions to ensure all payments and adjustments are applied accurately and timely. This person must work with a team to gain knowledge and expertise in maximizing productivity by posting payments received and applying gained knowledge of payer rules and regulations with regards to contractual allowances, coinsurance, deductibles, and co-pays .
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Post all electronic (EDI) and manual (non EDI) transactions received by third party payers (i.e. payments, denials, contractual allowances etc.)
- Process & post all payments made by patients via online portal and outside sources
- Process accounts receivable write offs, refunds, and special requests
- Process, track and resolve monthly miscellaneous cash
- Performs detail research on remittance advices and electronic edits, denials and new payer regulations.
- General office duties such as filing, faxing, scanning, web search etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced high demand environment
- Adheres to all departmental, institutional, and regulatory policy
- High School diploma, minimum requirement, Associates degree in Accounting preferred
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a fast-paced environment
- Must have knowledge of third party billing regulations and basic knowledge of HIPAA 835. Should have technical aptitude for processing of 835 files.
- Experience in Billing systems like RescueNet Billing, EMDEON, Zirmed preferred
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills; attention to detail and follow through a MUST
- Resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Must be able to multitask, take charge and ownership of tasks assigned
- Attention to detail a MUST
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Must be able to handle highly confidential information with complete discretion
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.