|Job Title||Medical Transportation Provider|
II Duties and Responsibilities
- Attendance at all mandatory initial and continuing education training courses as pertinent to the medical transportation provider
- Provide care and support in the non-emergent transfer setting, as paired with a certified EMS provider
- Safely operate an ambulance in accordance with all state and local motor vehicle laws, as well as those established by OEMS and Cataldo Ambulance Service
- Respond to medical emergencies or other incidents according to Cataldo Ambulance Service Policies
- Maintain and inspect all pertinent equipment; including, but not limited to, vehicles, mobile and portable radios, stretchers, stair chairs, oxygen, AED and other BLS level equipment.
- Submission of appropriate daily checklists
- Maintains sanitary environment of crew quarters and assigned vehicles
- Maintains a professional appearance and adheres to the Cataldo uniform policy
- Performs other duties as assigned
III Job Impact
At the Medical Transportation Provider level, the primary function of the provider is in the transfer setting, however the candidate must be able to render basic emergency care to both ill and injured patients. The first responder must be trained on appropriate use of personal protective equipment to mitigate exposure to blood and air borne pathogens.
IV Minimum Qualifications
*A current Massachusetts driver’s license
*Ability to pass the AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course offered
*Ability to pass the company mandated lift test, health and drug screening
The above summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.