|Job Title||Manager of Safety and Risk Management*|
|Location||Malden, MA*||*Position is based out of Malden, MA|
The Manager will oversee the company’s comprehensive safety and risk management program, with the primary emphasis on driver and road safety as well as the safe handling of patients and equipment.
- Develop, implement and maintain driver, road safety, training and monitoring program.
- Conduct risk assessments, collecting and analyzing documentation, statistics, reports, and market trends.
- Establish policies and procedures to identify and address risks in the organization’s services and departments.
- Oversee accident/injury claims in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Review and/or investigate all accidents and resulting claims.
- Coordinate with insurance carriers to report accidents and injuries and to facilitate settlements with third parties.
- Recommend and implements risk management solutions including insurance, safety and security policies.
- Develop and analyze metrics and data around accidents and work related injuries.
- Utilize metrics and data to create/focus training programs to improve experience.
- Drafts and present risk reports and proposals to executive leadership and senior staff.
- Organize participation in safety functions/event
- Create a safety committee with regularly scheduled meetings and events to create a culture safety in the organization.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent mathematical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to prepare reports and policies.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Thorough understanding of policies and best practices of road safety, OSHA and risk management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five years of experience in a safety manager or equivalent role
- Experience working with a multi-site organization
- Experience with OSHA compliance required, certification preferred
- EVOC certifications preferred, EVOC Instructor certifications highly desirable
- Experience with fleet safety highly desirable
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.