|Job Title||Chair Car Driver*|
|Location||Chelsea, MA*||*Position is based out of Chelsea, MA|
I. Job Summary
The Chair Car Operator is directly responsible for the safe and efficient transport of all disabled, handicapped, or elderly persons assigned to their care both to and from their destination.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond promptly to all assigned calls
- Attend to patient in a courteous manner
- Move patient via wheelchair in a safe, professional manner
- Perform daily routine checks of the vehicle and record results on required checklist
- Inspect and clean vehicle daily
- Complete and submit all paperwork requirements daily
- Operate the vehicle in a safe and courteous manner adhering to company driving policies
- Operate the lift mechanism of the vehicle
- Complete other duties as assigned
III. Job Impact
The Chair Car Operator functions as a member of the Chair Car Staff and is responsible under the direction of the Dispatch Supervisor to provide effective and efficient transport to all Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. customers and clients.
IV. Job Authority
The Chair Car Operator reports to the Chair Car Supervisor. The Chair Car Operator cannot issue written warnings or discipline coworkers.
The Chair Car Operator must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. The Chair Car Operator must maintain a reliable attendance record.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.