|Job Title||Materials Management Assistant*|
|Location||Chelsea, MA*||*Position is based out of Chelsea, MA|
I Job Summary
The Materials Assistant is responsible for assisting the Director with equipment
inventories for the employees, vehicles, and satellite locations of Cataldo Ambulance Inc.
II Duties and Responsibilities
- Log and prepare equipment requisitions for issue.
- Delivery of daily equipment requisitions to company and municipal locations.
- Restocking of the supply room, supply closets, and equipment staging areas.
- The preparation of equipment for initial issue.
- Delivery of support items to satellite locations.
- Assisting with the unloading, sorting, and storage of incoming materials.
- Vehicle equipment swaps
- Stocking and equipping vehicles for active service.
- Acquisition of materials not obtained through normal delivery channels
- Occasional minor repairs and/or maintenance at satellite locations.
- Clerical and office responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
III Job Impact
The Materials Assistant functions as a member of the Materials Management team and is responsible for ensuring that field crews, vehicles, and base locations are adequately supplied with the equipment and materials necessary for day-to-day operations and during special events.
IV Minimum Qualifications
- Maintain a valid Massachusetts driver’s license. The Materials Assistant must be capable of safely operating Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. vehicles in accordance with Massachusetts State law and company policies and procedures.
- Competency with various IT/computer applications associated with inventories and the operation of the department.
- He/she must be able to assist with the coordination of general inventory control practices and be capable of lifting at least 50 pounds. A working knowledge of the use and application of computerized inventory control systems is preferred.
Cataldo Ambulance service is a 24/7 continuous operation and the work schedule may include working evening, nights, weekends, or holidays to support the operation. The above summary is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.