|Job Title||Revenue Cycle Manager*|
|Location||Somerville, MA*||*Position is based out of Somerville, MA|
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Operations, the Revenue Cycle Manager manages all functions of Cataldo’s business office and revenue cycle to maximize cash flow while maintaining and improving internal and external customer relations. In conjunction with business office staff, the Revenue Cycle Manager will contribute to the day to day operations on all issues pertaining to the revenue cycle function from pre-billing to cash posting. Provide analysis, create written processes and provide training.
- Oversees daily activities of patient accounts to ensure timelines and accuracy of revenue cycle processes.
- Lead responsibility for the revenue cycle operation pertaining to all pre-billing activities
- Assists in developing and implementing long-range plans, such as specific policies and procedures to assist in solving problems associated with the overall operations.
- Presents to and reviews monthly KPI reports with Senior Management and staff.
- Track and evaluate specific staffing and performance levels needed to streamline operational steps and improve cash collections
- Responsible for revenue cycle process and supervising staff in pre -billing, scanning, coding, collections, cash posting and accounts receivable follow up.
- Collects, manages and analyzes data regarding accounts receivable, reimbursement, write offs and denials.
- Keeps self and staff abreast of any changes in state and federal government programs, as well as all other third party payers.
- And any other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required or 5+ years of Ambulance finance required in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- A minimum of three years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions.
- Knowledge of healthcare administrative processes such as reimbursement policies and procedures, operations and billing regulations,
- Extensive knowledge of Federal and State insurance programs
- Experience interpreting medical records and documentation protocols
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD10, computers and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office products especially excel.
Education, Licensing, & Certifications
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.