|Job Title||Billing Specialist*|
|Location||MA*||*Position is based out of Somerville, MA|
|Reports to||Billing Office Manager|
Responsible for billing and collection processes under the direct and indirect supervision of the Billing Office Manager, the Billing Specialist completes ambulance billing and coding, answers inquiries from insurance companies and patients, and explains all actions pertaining to the billing/accounting/collections processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Verify completion of run reports daily and from the previous days.
- Verify patient demographics, personal insurance information and completion of all required signatures.
- Identify and separate ambulance and chair car runs into the type of billing necessary to expedite billing and payment.
- Enter necessary patient information into the billing system.
- Submit to all insurances and contracts.
- Manage electronic storage of patient care reports and paper patient care reports.
- Review account status routinely as required for each payer type; minimum of 20 days.
- Complete Medicare, MassHealth, and Insurance reviews as needed.
- Identify recurring denials and make necessary system changes to resolve them.
- Assist customers with their account information.
- File supplement or secondary insurance upon request.
- Work with Zoll RescueNet to ensure the most efficient billing process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Graduate/GED
- Medical coding training and experience
- Familiar with Medicare/CMS and Medicaid laws and billing
- Experience coding governmental payers
- Certified Ambulance Coder
- Ambulance Industry experience
- 3-5 years experience in billing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented with good follow-up.
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated initiative, good judgment, and flexibility.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and effectively fosters relationships with others.
- Approaches change as an opportunity for growth and development in self and others.
- Fosters a commitment and understanding of Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. mission, vision, and values.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to a wide variety of internal and external customers.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.