|Job Title||Human Resources Generalist*|
|Location||Malden, MA*||*Position is based out of Malden, MA|
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
The HR Generalist will assist employees, managers, company leadership, and HR colleagues by providing a wide range of support spanning the different HR Centers of Excellence. A true generalist position, this role requires the successful candidate to flex their HR muscles and provide professional-level HR support as needed, while delivering exceptional customer service to both internal and external partners. Experience with benefits and HRIS administration highly desirable.
Benefits & HRIS Administration (50%)
- Benefits administration and processing, including enrollments, terminations, qualifying event changes, and COBRA
- Partner with Director of HR to manage annual Open Enrollment process
- Take ownership over HRIS system and ensure data integrity; work with third party administrators to manage file connections and troubleshoot system/connection issues
- Manage company-approved leaves of absence including FMLA
- Ensure compliance with the Affordable Care Act and other state and federal legislation
- Provide reports as needed
General Human Resources Administration (30%)
- Assist with administration of Workers Compensation Program
- Manage uniform procurement and return process
- Conduct exit interviews with outgoing staff, noting trends
- Present HR overview at monthly and ad-hoc orientations; design and implement orientation trainings for office staff
- Coordinate rolling performance review process
- Manage internal transfer and promotion process
- Handle minor employee relations issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Support recruitment process by processing applications, conducting phone screens and in-person interviews, and processing background checks and offer letters
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred; equivalent work experience required
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or SHRM-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) a plus
- Minimum of 3 years in Human Resources, with 2 years as a professional-level Generalist
- Benefits administration experience
- Experience managing HRIS and ATS systems (experience with Paylocity, ADP, Avesta, Kronos a plus)
- Experience in health care and/or shift work-based industries a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Exemplary customer service
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) with a commitment to being responsive to requests from internal and external customers
- Knowledge of various state and federal labor and employment laws and reporting requirements
- Ability to foster teamwork within human resources and cross-functionally
- Comfortable with analytics and the ability to present data in a factual and compelling manner
- Approaches challenges with a problem-solving and collaborative attitude
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality and professionalism at all times
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.