|Job Title||Director of Communications*|
|Location||Malden, MA*||*Position is based out of Malden, MA|
Since 1977, Cataldo Ambulance Service, Inc. has continually distinguished itself as a leader in providing routine and emergency medical services. As the needs of the community and the patient change, we continue to introduce innovative programs to ensure the highest level of care is available to everyone in our service area. Cataldo is the largest private EMS provider in Massachusetts, boasting a diverse portfolio of municipal-based and facility-based contracts. In addition to topping 50,000 911 transports annually, specialty contracts include some of the top medical facilities in the state, Fenway Park, Warrior Arena, and the TD Garden.
The Director of Communications will support the Cataldo mission of providing safe and professional transportation services to all patients. As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Director of Communications is the division’s communications and customer service expert and partners with operations and business development leaders to ensure the team is on track to fulfill service deliverables.
The Director of Communications provides key leadership for the main Communications Center by ensuring that team members have the education, tools, guidance, time, motivation and easily executed processes to ensure a positive work environment. The Director of Communications is ultimately responsible for delivering a reliable, valuable, and trusting experience for team members, partners, and customers. This highly visible leadership position must be able to represent and instill an image of superior service and quality and continue to raise the bar of performance and exceeding customer expectations. The Director will strive to balance the science of operating a complex communication center with the art of delivering exceptional, personalized service to every team member, business partner, and customer.
- Establish and meet daily, weekly, and monthly key performance goals for customer experience, quality, productivity and response
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of customer service related outcomes.
- Ensure that the right level of resources are available to meet customer demand.
- Work with local Directors of Operation in development and administration of annual department budget to attain business goals with operational stability.
- Create a culture of accountability and high performance within the Communications Center to create a high-performing environment with strong leadership.
- Ensure that customers’ questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly. Address challenging customers and problems that require escalation outside of the Communications team.
- Act as an internal consultant by leading the design/redesign, development, implementation and monitoring of process improvement to enhance quality, operational performance and customer experience.
- Ensure the Cataldo Communications team is fully educated and clinically competent to deliver the highest quality emergent and non-emergent ambulance services.
- Establish and ensure positive, working relationships within the Cataldo organization that will attract and retain high-quality team members.
- Establish and ensure positive working relationships with public agencies, EMS Agencies, area hospitals, clinics, community health departments, regulatory entities, and allied organizations.
- Assist and provide ongoing leadership and guidance to align key stakeholders within Cataldo Ambulance to uncover and assess process improvement opportunities.
- Establish and ensure the team adheres to prescribed standards of quality assurance, performance improvement and policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Ensure the organization meets or exceeds all governmental, regulatory and accreditation standards in all areas of day-to-day operations.
- Foster a workplace that results in the development of a high performing team of professionals and team members.
- Facilitate communications/field problem resolution.
- Works in conjunction with Human Resources to effectively deal with departmental conflicts and provides adequate follow-up.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Dynamic LEADER with at least five years of applicable career experience in a high touch, high volume, customer centric environment.
- Extensive knowledge of call center operations, inbound and dispatching.
- Experience in general management, technology utilization, process improvement, change management and/or customer relationship management.
- Knowledge of best practices in customer service, contact centers, and dispatching operations.
- Experience directing initiatives to improve processes, leverage technology, and increase operating efficiencies.
- Strong organizational skills, planning abilities, and the ability to effectively utilize performance metrics.
- Innovative thinker and inspirational manager and the ability to positively impact the organization and lead strategies that drive customer service to peak performance.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills.
- Collaborative work style with the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Experience with PSAP, EMD, and Priority Dispatch.
- Experience in an emergency management environment a plus.
Education, Licensing, & Certifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in health care, nursing, healthcare administration, business administration, or related field of study strongly preferred.
- Ability to obtain certification as an NAEMD EMD
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD), EMT, or Paramedic training preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong personnel management and staff development skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge pertaining to communications equipment.
- Ability to write and comprehend legal contracts.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in a high stress environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge pertaining to CQI.
- Knowledge of Cataldo’s geography/service area
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position. Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individual
The above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person/people in this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with this position.
Cataldo Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin. Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.